With the World Cup Finals in South Africa just around the corner in 2010, Nike has gone back and dug deep into its archive and fused some of their classic pieces with innovative technology which can be worn both on the sporting field, and on the streets.
The ‘National 98’, or N98 Track Jacket was part of the debut Brazilian Football Team kit that was designed by Nike and introduced at the France World Cup 1998 where they made it to the finals but came short of winning their 5th World Cup title (which they eventually did in 2002) by losing 3-0 to the tournament host, France. Even though Ronaldo, their talismanic striker who was struck down by a mysterious seizure before the finals and put in a subdued performance on the night, the Brazilian Football team did not give up and fought till the final whistle was blown. The N98 Track Jacket is a tribute to the never dying spirit that was displayed by the Brazilians on the night.
The N98 is the center piece of the NSW SS10 Collection and will be incorporated heavily within the line. Besides recreating the piece in its classic form, NSW will introduce a new interpretation of the jacket with Gore Windstopper material, laser-cut RiRi zipper enclosure and reflective piping at the back.
Other highlights of the jacket includes:
- The Fit – flexible and easy to wear. Built with double knit fabric, flat knit ribs, and true-fitting shoulders.
- The Details – from flat knit rib collar and cuffs, bonded seams, to double-welded, zippered pockets.
- The Finish – effortlessly comfortable, with inner seams and pockets built with the same refined finish as the outside.
- The Stripe – from medal stands to the street, the look of the N98 has been worn by the best in sport for over a decade.
- Crafted – our commitment to craftsmanship, from materials to construction. We sweated each step so you can push it as far as possible.
The jacket does not only represent the never dying spirit exhibited by the Brazilians, but also the passion which Nike brings to every single item they design and create by pushing it to the technological limit, and upholds the motto they have for this collection: FROM MEDAL STANDS TO THE STREET.
The NSW N98 Jacket